Technology Support Specialist
As a Technology Support Specialist, your role is to ensure proper IT operations by effectively resolving and documenting Level 3 IT and Telecom requests. This includes onsite, via phone, via email and via remote access.
This is a full-time, exempt position conducted Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Standard 40 hour workweek applies, but Candidate must be flexible for after-hours work and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
Candidate must have their own vehicle to travel, must be reliable, have a legal driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of servers, networks and workstations.
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Cloud VoIP solutions, mobile devices and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshooting and replacement of failing equipment.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software.
- Operating System optimization and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Endpoint protection installation and configuration; threat remediation.
- Resolution of service desk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Ensure privacy of confidential information including records and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- A+ Certification preferred
- Network+ Certification preferred
- Data cabling and termination experience a plus
- 4+ years of experience working in a production IT environment.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN and VoIP concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Knowledge of Office 365 suite of solutions.
- Familiarity with disk imaging and cloning technologies.
- Have experience with network infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and wireless.
- Experience with various brands/types of multi-function devices and network printers.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technology solutions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work with a network of 3rd party vendors, ISPs and MSPs.
- Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Capable of working in cramped computer closets, tight spaces, under desks and on ladders.