RSG-Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
With more and more businesses depending on Office 365 for collaboration and business operations, the risk of potential data loss is impossible to ignore. Although data is stored on Microsoft servers, Microsoft does not take responsibility for data loss that occurs on the client’s side.
There is a widespread misconception that data created and stored in the cloud does not need to be backed up. When data is deleted or corrupted, companies face three major problems: Lost data, lost time and lost cash. Our solution provides protection from:
- Malware damage or ransomware attacks: Microsoft recommends 3rd party backup as the only way to recover from data loss associated with ransomware encryption.
- Accidental end-user deletion, or data overwrites
- Malicious end-user activity
- Lost data due to deprovisioned O365 licenses
- External app errors (data corruption via syncing or overwriting)
Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 is the leading cloud-to-cloud backup solution offering an all-in-one backup, restore and export solution that covers Exchange Online, OneDrive and SharePoint Online.
What Datto SaaS Protection Protects:
- SharePoint: Primary, custom, group and team site collections; custom generic site lists; folder structure; document libraries and set; site assets, templates and pages.
- Exchange Online: All emails, attachments, notes and folder structure.
- OneDrive: All files (including One Note) and folders with file structure in tact.
- Contacts (excluding photos)
- Calendar: Events (including recurrence, attendees, notes), attachments and any calendars owned by users.
Quick Restore and Export
SaaS Protection’s revamped architecture means data export and restore times have improved dramatically, making Datto the fastest backup and recovery solution.
Security and Compliance
Datto SaaS Protection backs up data in compliance with Service Organization Control (SOC 1/ SSAE 16 and SOC 2) reporting standards, GDPR and HIPAA compliance needs.
Item level Restore
Retrieve data in the original format with file and label structure maintained in the backup.
Retain User Data
Save money and effort by automatically holding inactive user data after a license is deleted.
Prevent data overwrites and differentiate restored data from production data.
Custom Data Retention
Specify how long records should be maintained to meet industry-specific compliance regulations.
Excerpt from the Microsoft Services Agreement:
“We strive to keep the Services up and running; however, all online services suffer occasional disruptions and outages, and Microsoft is not liable for any disruption or loss you may suffer as a result. In the event of an outage, you may not be able to retrieve Your Content or Data that you’ve stored. We recommend that you regularly backup Your Content and Data that you store on the Services or store using Third-Party Apps and Services.”