Technology Support Specialist
Reliable Solutions Group, LLC, a Total Technology Solutions firm, specializing in the evaluation, design, implementation and ongoing management of complex Cloud, IT and Telecom systems, has an excellent opportunity for Technology Support Specialist. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with great interpersonal skills to fit into a fast-paced environment centered on putting the customer first.
As a Technology Support Specialist, your role is to ensure proper IT operations by effectively resolving and documenting IT and Telecom requests. This includes onsite, via phone, via email and via remote access.
This is a full-time, exempt position conducted Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Standard 40 hour workweek applies, but Candidate must be flexible for after-hours work and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
Candidate must have their own vehicle to travel, must be reliable, have a legal driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of servers, networks and workstations.
- Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of Cloud VoIP solutions, mobile devices and peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshooting and replacement of failing equipment.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software.
- Operating System optimization and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Endpoint protection installation and configuration; threat remediation.
- Resolution of service desk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner.
- Ensure privacy of confidential information including records and files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- A+ Certification preferred
- Network+ Certification preferred
- Data cabling and termination experience a plus
- 4+ years of experience working in a production IT environment.
- Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN and VoIP concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites.
- Knowledge of Office 365 suite of solutions.
- Familiarity with disk imaging and cloning technologies.
- Have experience with network infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls and wireless.
- Experience with various brands/types of multi-function devices and network printers.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technology solutions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to work with a network of 3rd party vendors, ISPs and MSPs.
- Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
- Capable of working in cramped computer closets, tight spaces, under desks and on ladders.
- Accrued Paid-Time-Off.
- One floating Friday off per month, (exclusive of PTO.)
- Health Benefits, (Medical, Dental, Vision.)
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Cell phone stipend.
- RSG professional development/continued education.
- RSG wellness package