Technical Support Specialist Level 1
Reliable Solutions Group, LLC, a Total Technology Solutions firm, specializing in the evaluation, design, implementation and ongoing management of Cloud, IT and Telecom systems, has an excellent opportunity for a Level 1 Technical Support Specialist. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with great interpersonal skills to fit into an environment centered on putting the customer first.
As a Technical Support Specialist, your role is effectively resolving end user requests. This includes onsite, via phone, via email and via remote access.
This is a full-time, exempt position conducted Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Standard 40 hour workweek applies, but Candidate must be flexible for after-hours work and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
Candidate must have their own vehicle to travel, must be reliable, have a legal driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of computers, mobile devices, telecom/VoIP and peripheral equipment.
– Troubleshooting and replacement of failing equipment.
– Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software.
– Operating System optimization and preventative maintenance tasks.
– Anti-virus, anti-malware and security suite deployment; virus scanning and removal.
– Resolution of help desk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner.
– Ensure privacy of confidential information including records and files.
– Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
– A+ Certification preferred
– Network+ Certification a plus
– Data cabling and termination experience a plus
– 1+ years of experience working in a production environment.
– Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
– Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites.
– Knowledge of basic LAN and VoIP concepts, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
– Familiarity with disk imaging and cloning technologies.
– Have experience with network infrastructure equipment such as switches, firewalls and wireless appliances.
– Experience with various brands/types of multi-function devices and network printers
– Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties.
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technology solutions.
– Ability to work independently with little supervision.
– Ability to work with a network of 3rd party vendors, ISPs and Cloud Providers.
– Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
– Capable of working in cramped computer closets, tight spaces, under desks and on ladders.
Reliable Solutions Group, LLC’s internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job.
As an intern at Reliable Solutions Group, LLC, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to multiple functional areas. The focus for the Sales Internship will be developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned to additional training or project work.
The Company’s internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience.
Learning Opportunities and Responsibilities:
– Lead Generation
– Converting Leads to Qualified Prospects
– Converting Qualified Prospects to In-Person Appointments
– Converting Appointments to Sales and new Customers
– Applicants should have a career goal focused in sales and marketing.
– Possess strong communication, organization, customer service and project management skills.
– Familiar with information systems, software applications and analyzing quantitative information.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; additional requirements may apply.
– Reliable transportation and a clean driving record required.
– Honesty and the highest integrity always.