Technology Support Specialist
Reliable Solutions Group, LLC, a Total Technology Solutions firm, specializing in the evaluation, design, implementation and ongoing management of complex Cloud, IT and Telecom systems, has an excellent opportunity for an IT Support Specialist. We are looking for a highly motivated team player with great interpersonal skills to fit into an environment centered on putting the customer first.
As an IT Support Specialist, your role is to ensure proper IT operations by effectively resolving and documenting IT and Telecom requests. This includes onsite, via phone, via email and via remote access.
This is a full-time, exempt position conducted Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Standard 40 hour workweek applies, but Candidate must be flexible for after-hours work and occasional weekend projects when requested or required.
Candidate must have their own vehicle to travel, must be reliable, have a legal driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Level 1 configuration, installation and troubleshooting of LANs, servers and network devices.
– Configuration, installation and troubleshooting of computers, mobile devices, telecom/VoIP and peripheral equipment.
– Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of software.
– Operating System optimization and preventative maintenance tasks.
– Security and threat management.
– Resolution of service and helpdesk tickets in a timely, appropriate manner.
– Ensure privacy of confidential information including records and files.
– Other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field, or in lieu of degree, a combination of equivalent education and work experience.
– A+ Certification preferred
– Network+ Certification preferred
– Data cabling and termination experience a plus
– 2+ years of experience working in a production, corporate IT environment.
– Exceptional customer service, communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
– Have experience with network infrastructure equipment such as switches, firewalls and wireless devices.
– Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suites.
– Knowledge of LAN and basic VoIP concepts.
– Knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
– Familiarity with disk imaging and cloning technologies.
– Experience with various brands/types of multi-function devices and network printers
– Responsible for understanding and complying with all policies, procedures and regulations relating to job duties.
– Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technology solutions.
– Ability to work with a network of 3rd party vendors, ISPs and Cloud Providers.
– Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds.
– Capable of working in cramped computer closets, tight spaces, under desks and on ladders.
– Accrued Paid-Time-Off.
– One floating Friday off per month, (exclusive of PTO.)
– Health Benefits, (Medical, Dental, Vision.)
– Mileage reimbursement.
– Cell phone stipend.
– RSG professional development/continued education.
– RSG wellness package